HUMAN BODY – PART 1 – DEMO, LAB & SCIENCE STATIONS
Working in the lab and being engaged in science experiments is the most exciting part of science. The following Human Body – Part 1 Demo, Lab and Science Stations give your students the opportunity to investigate, explore and learn the science topic being studied.
***PLEASE NOTE***This product is part of my LIFE SCIENCE DEMOS, LABS & SCIENCE STATIONS BUNDLE
Topics Included for Human Body – Part 1:
• The Skin
• Muscular System
• Skeletal System
• Nervous System
• Digestive System
Human Body – Part 1 Demo, Lab & Science Stations will showcase each student’s ability to:
• Identify the levels of structure in the human body.
• Define homeostasis and explain its importance.
• List the main functions and parts of the skeleton.
• Describe the structure of a typical bone.
• Identify and describe the parts of the skin.
• Explain how muscles and bones move the body.
• Describe the basic structure and functions of a nervous system – central nervous system and peripheral nervous system.
• Trace the path of food through the organs of the digestive system.
What is provided with this product
1. SCIENCE STATION SIGNAGE for all 7 stations is provided in color and in black and white (see preview) and all student answer sheets have icons that correspond with each station for ease of use.
2. DEMONSTRATION (teacher-led) allows teachers to invite scientific discussions and can help uncover misconceptions and, most importantly, lead to heightened curiosity and interest of the topic being studied.
3. GUIDED INQUIRY LAB which is a traditional lab that allows students to perform an investigation in order to solve a problem. Students will hypothesize, collect and analyze data and communicate their results.
4. TEACHER GUIDES to DEMOS & SCIENCE STATIONS help get you started and give you background information to make your science lessons awesome!
5. 7 SCIENCE STATIONS which are designated locations in the classroom with activities that challenge students to extend their knowledge and elaborate on their science skills by working independently of the teacher in small groups or pairs.
Stations included are:
• INFORMATION STATION
Group members will read an interesting and relevant science passage then complete a task to help increase science literacy and deepen their understanding of the science concept.
• OBSERVATION STATION
Group members will have images, illustrations or actual samples at this station that show applications or processes of the science topic. Using what they’ve learned, they will need to apply their observation skills to complete the questions attached to each.
• CALCULATION STATION
Group members use their math skills to complete the station challenge. Skills may include graphing, analyzing data, using models, measurement, and calculating formulas or word problems.
• INVESTIGATION STATION
Group members will work with one another to explore the concept through hands-on activities so they may practice specific inquiry process skills as they learn.
• COMMUNICATION STATION
There are three different options for this station: interviews, video, group essay. Depending on the option you choose, group members will communicate what they know by answering questions in creative ways.
• CREATION STATION
Group members will work together to solve a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) challenge by creating models or designs that demonstrate their understanding of the science topic being taught.
• IMAGINATION STATION
This station makes science concepts relevant to students by asking them to imagine scenarios that will bring about discussion and critical thinking.
Want to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
Total Pages: 55
Answer Key: Included
Cliff Note Version: Product is for ONE TEACHER – Please do not distribute illegally and PLEASE keep it off the internet! Thanks for your honesty.
Copyright © Nitty Gritty Science, LLC. All rights reserved by author Dr. Erica Colón. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.