Matter Unit 5E Model
Click here to download a preview of Matter Unit
This unit is included in the Physical Science Curriculum 5E Model.
The following is included in this bundle:
MATTER INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK lessons are aligned to the NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS (NGSS - see below) and will be sure to increase your students engagement in note taking and processing. Each chapter includes notes, activities with actual pictures and mini-quizzes to help check for understanding.
MATTER DIGITAL INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK is designed to help teachers and learners in online settings have resources that set students up for success in mastering science concepts. This product mirrors the Nitty Gritty Science traditional science interactive notebooks with an input right-hand side for notes and an output left-hand side activity so students can apply what they learned immediately. Left-hand side activities are varied to meet the multiple learning styles of all your students. This resource is designed so students can work independently, having built-in instructional videos (closed-captioning available), resources for exploring further, and clear directions.
MATTER DEMOS, LABS & SCIENCE STATIONS includes teacher-led demos, guided inquiry labs, station signage, inquiry process skills checklist, teacher guides and of course 7 Lab Stations for each topic:
• Information Station
• Observation Station
• Calculation Station
• Investigation Station
• Communication Station
• Creation Station
• Imagination Station
MATTER TASK CARDS AND DIGITAL TASK CARDS are a perfect review tool that allows students to focus on individual science questions rather than be overwhelmed by a traditional review packet.
MATTER INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS AND DIGITAL ASSESSMENTS are designed to help teachers move instruction from the group learning space to the individual learning space. Not only does this give students independence in their learning, but it also allows more time for dynamic and interactive learning when teachers meet with students in a group setting.
MATTER STUDY GUIDE help students reinforce the science concepts learned in class and are essential to highlighting important information and improving comprehension. They were designed for students to strengthen their content mastery by using as a chapter review or one-on-one/group support.
MATTER EDITABLE RESOURCES which includes:
• EDITABLE NOTES which are the SAME VERSION featured in my Life Science Interactive Notebook
• EDITABLE POWERPOINTS feature slides rich in content and allow for you to add or delete information and pictures.
• EDITABLE TESTS feature a variety of questions in the form of multiple choice, sentence completion, diagram interpretation and essays.
**Bonus: DeSTEMber - Winter-themed STEM activities
Nitty Gritty Science curriculum is based on the 5 E MODEL and uses the included resources as follows:
• TEACHER-LED DEMO that promotes inquiry, illuminates key concepts and, most importantly, leads to heightened curiosity.
• GUIDED INQUIRY LAB that uses processes that are referred to as inquiry process skills which include observing, predicting, classifying, measuring, inferring, controlling variables, manipulating materials, interpreting data and experimenting.
• SCIENCE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOKS use creative activities to motivate students to process information and demonstrate critical thinking.
• EDITABLE NOTES AND POWERPOINTS prepared by Nitty Gritty Science save you time and help you with presenting a successful lecture. The notes serve to guide students through the teacher’s presentation and are editable so you, as the teacher, can adjust the information you want the students to fill in. The editable PowerPointhelps the teacher present the content in an orderly fashion using visual aids to enhance the presentation.
• SCIENCE STATIONS provide an engaging way for students to extend their knowledge and skills by working independently of the teacher in small groups or pairs.
• TASK CARDS are a collection of review cards to be used for review, such as game-style review, group review, one-on-one tutoring, bell ringers, exit slips, the list goes on.
• CHAPTER TESTS prepared by Nitty Gritty Science use a variety of item formats that help assess different levels of student thinking and skills. The items used in the tests include multiple-choice, completion, interpreting diagrams and essays. However, if more would like to be added, all tests are editable.
Want to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
Answer Key: Included
Cliff Note Version: Product is for ONE TEACHER – Please do not distribute illegally and PLEASE keep it off the internet! Thanks for your honesty.
Copyright © Nitty Gritty Science, LLC. All rights reserved by author Dr. Erica Colón. All Nitty Gritty Science curriculum is creative property of Erica Colón and cannot be resold or distributed. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.