Matter includes the following concepts:
• Composition of Matter
• Types of Mixtures
• Describing Matter
• States of Matter
• Changes in States of Matter
• Fluids: Behaviors of Liquids and Gases
Students will be able to:
• Distinguish between substances and mixtures – homogenous mixtures and heterogeneous mixtures
• Identify elements and compounds
• Compare and contrast solutions, colloids, and suspensions
• Compare and contrast physical and chemical properties
• Explain how the law of conservation of mass applies to chemical changes
• Describe the particle movement in the four states of matter: solid, liquid, gas and plasma
• Identify and describe properties of fluids: Archimedes’ principle, Pascal’s principle, Bernoulli’s principle, Boyle’s law
• Explain how gas is affected when pressure, temperature or volume is changed
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of INPUT/OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
Check out these other AWESOME RESOURCES offered by Nitty Gritty Science:
If you’re new to Science Interactive Notebooks download my Intro to Science Interactive Notebook tutorial for FREE!
Want to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
Total Pages: 34
Answer Key: Included
Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.