Life Science Interactive Notebook – Modern Genetics include the following main concepts:
• Complex Patterns of Inheritance
• The Genetic Code
• Human Genetic Disorders
• Advances in Genetics
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of both the INPUT and OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Detailed instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
• Appendix with Teacher Notes for Interactive Notebook in LARGE print.
Activities included correlate with the Next Generation Science Standards and include the following:
• Punnett square practice where your students need to use background information on ABO blood types (polygenic inheritance) to help fix a lab mix-up
• Protein synthesis cookie analogy to help understand messenger RNA (mRNA), transfer RNA (tRNA), amino acids, polypeptide chains, ribosomes, DNA transcription and proteins
• Pedigree chart that follows a recessive trait through a family
• Analogy of hybridization – students use selective breeding on their favorite foods to make a “Tastization” brochure
Check out these other AWESOME RESOURCES offered by Nitty Gritty Science:
The Complete Earth Science Interactive Notebook
The Complete Physical Science Interactive Notebook
If you’re new to Science Interactive Notebooks download my Intro to Science Interactive Notebook tutorial for FREE!
Want to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
This product cannot be edited.
This product is part of a bundle.
This product is awesome.
Total Pages: 28
Answer Key: Included
Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.