This novel study aligns with The Reinvention of Edison Thomas by Jacqueline Houtman.
Eddy's a science geek and has problems communicating with others. The combination gives the class bully, who pretends to be Eddy's friend, plenty of ammunition. Eddy Thomas can read a college physics book, but he can't read the emotions on the faces of his classmates. He can spend hours tinkering with an invention, but he can't stand more than a few minutes in a noisy crowd, like the crowd at the science fair, which Eddy fails to win. When the local school crossing guard is laid off, Eddy is haunted by thoughts of the potentially disastrous consequences and invents a traffic-calming device, using parts he has scavenged from discarded machines. By trusting his real friends, Eddy uses his talents to help others and rethinks his purely mechanical definition of success.
This novel study was created to be used in the secondary science classroom with a major focus on science vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- No-prep, and extremely user-friendly, this novel study is perfect for the whole class, small group, or independent study.
- Perfect for distance learning. Both print and digital versions are available so students can access the digital version from home or school.
- Excellent for school OR homeschool. No-prep and so easy for teachers, parents, and students to follow!
The Reinvention of Edison Thomas Novel Study is broken down into word study and comprehension sections as well as a final project:
- Before You Read p 3
- Word Study: Chapters 1-2 pp 4-7
- Non-ferrous and Ferrous Metals p 8
- Word Study: Chapters 3-5 pp 9-11
- Idioms p 12
- Word Study: Chapters 6-9 pp 13-16
- Electromagnetic Spectrum p 17
- Word Study: Chapters 10-15 pp 18-21
- Project p 22-23
*Answer key is also included.
The Reinvention of Edison Thomas Product details:
- Publisher : Astra Young Readers
- Language : English
- Paperback : 192 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781590789513
- ISBN-13 : 978-1590789513
- Reading age : 8 - 12 years
- Lexile measure : 780L
- Grade level : 3 - 7
Copyright © Nitty Gritty Science, LLC. All rights reserved by author Dr. Erica Colón. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.