Animal Diversity – Invertebrates
Animal Diversity - Invertebrates includes the following concepts:
• Introduction to Animals
• Animal Behavior
• Sponges, Cnidarians and Worms
• Mollusks, Arthropods and Echinoderms
Students will be able to:
• Explain what characteristics all animals share
• Describe essential functions that animals carry out
• List types of body plans and symmetry
• Explain how cell division occurs – zygote, blastula, gastrula, endoderm, ectoderm and mesoderm
• Identify three main groups of cnidarians and the two body plans of the life cycle – polyp and medusa
• Compare and contrast between flatworms, round worms and segmented worms
• Explain defining features of mollusks
• Define the three main classes of mollusks – gastropod, bivalve, cephalopod
• Recognize distinguishing features of the three major groups of arthropods – crustaceans, spiders (and relatives) and insects
• Differentiate between complete metamorphosis and incomplete metamorphosis
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of both the INPUT and OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
• Appendix with Teacher Notes for Interactive Notebook in LARGE print.
Check out these other AWESOME RESOURCES offered by Nitty Gritty Science:
Want to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
Total Pages: 36
Answer Key: Included
Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.