Principles of Ecology
Principles of Ecology include the following concepts:
• Nutrition and Energy
• Energy Flow in Ecosystems
• Cycles in Nature
• Organisms and Their Environment
• Ecological Succession
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of both the INPUT and OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
• Appendix with Teacher Notes for Interactive Notebook in LARGE print.
Students will be able to:
• Demonstrate how matter and energy is transferred between producers, consumers and decomposers (MS-LS2-4)
• Break down a food web into individual food chains and understand the relationships among the trophic levels
• Understand that organisms are dependent on their interactions with both abiotic and biotic factors ((MS-LS2-1)
• Compare and contrast between primary and secondary succession
• Describe the unique characteristics of the world’s biomes
• Differentiate between different types of symbiosis – mutualism, commensalism, parasitism
Check out these other AWESOME RESOURCES offered by Nitty Gritty Science:
Want to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
Total Pages: 39
Answer Key: Included
Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.